Spotify CEO Calls Out iHeart CEO

0

During his Q2 earnings call Thursday, CEO Bob Pittman claimed that 73% of Spotify’s listening comes from 3% of its audience. Spotify CEO Daniel Ek made a rare public statement to shoot that claim down.

Ek was responding to media analyst Rich Greenfield, who posted Pittman’s statement on Twitter.  Ek responded with this tweet:
Greenfield dug deeper into the numbers, as reported by Music Business Worldwide:
“If 3% [of Spotify users therefore] listened to 73% as iHeartMedia said it implies 3% of Spotify users listen to ~20 hours/user/day with remaining 97% at just 14 mins/user/day,” pointed out Greenfield – a numerical suggestion, he noted, which doesn’t sound grounded in reality.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here