This is an archived page from 2023. Find out more
Podimo has announced 20+ new podcasts made in partnership with UK production companies Listen, Mags Creative, Message Heard, TellTale Industries, Tortoise, Vespucci and What’s The Story Sounds.
Podimo’s Global Head of Studios Jake Chudnow, said: “We’ve seen a great response from creators and listeners in the 3 years since we’ve been producing shows in the UK at a small scale. We feel the time is right to invest further in the market by collaborating with industry-leading partners and putting together a slate of exciting voices and shows that we think the UK audience will love. This is the next step in Podimo’s exciting journey into the UK.”
Over the next year, Podimo will release 20+ podcast series in the UK, including:
- 5x weekly talent-driven series with Listen, starting with a chat series called Where’s Home Really? which invites celebrity guests to examine the links between their identity, culture and heritage, hosted by author, journalist, and MasterChef food critic Jimi Famurewa.
- 5x weekly series with What’s The Story Sounds, starting with a comedic and informative chat series hosted by Adam Kay and Matt Edmondson which explores the long list of absolutely everything that might kill you. Podimo and What’s The Story Sounds have previously collaborated on The Missing which will be returning for a fifth series in 2023.
- 5x shows with Tortoise Media, including the previously announced weekly news series The News Meeting.
- 1x weekly call-in-advice show covering life, love, sex, relationships and everything else with Mags Creative hosted by Naked Attraction presenter Anna Richardson, featuring experts and celebrity guests**.**
- 1x weekly series with TellTale Industries titled Richard Wiseman’s On Your Mind hosted by best-selling author and social psychologist Professor Richard Wiseman and BBC’s CrowdScience presenter Marnie Chesterton.
- 1x limited series with Message Heard about the true story of the man who stole a piece of art from the world’s most famous artist, Banksy.
- 1x weekly True Crime series The Darkness Vaults with Vespucci which will make its English-language debut, having been translated across three languages to date.
- Translations of Podimo’s existing Nordic Noir true crime hits, including Murder In The North which has launched across 7 markets and reached Number 1 in the podcast charts in the Netherlands, Finland, and Poland.