This is the 14th annual Podcast Awards organized by Todd Cochrane and his team. Cochrane created the awards. It’s open to podcasters worldwide. There are some new rules to check out this year and an official timeline…
Podcaster Registration Period: January 18 – July 31
Listener Nomination Period: July 1 – July 31
Slate Announcement: August 10
Slate Voting: September 15
Awards Ceremony, held in conjunction with International Podcast Day: To Be Announced
Nomination Rules and Eligibility:
– Any show podcasting on or before July 1, 2019, with a minimum of 10 published episodes is eligible to be nominated for the 2019 Podcast Awards.
– Legacy Shows as listed on the Legacy Page are not eligible to win a podcast award. If a legacy show has not yet won a People’s Choice Podcast Award the show will automatically be registered to participate in the People’s Choice Category.
– All registered shows will automatically be eligible to be nominated in the People’s Choice Category. Any show wishing to be eligible to be nominated can register via the registration page until the nomination closing date and pay via PayPal the $20 registration fee.
– Shows that do not register are not eligible to participate. The registration fee is non-refundable.
– Podcasters can, and should, provide instructions in their shows and on their websites instructing their audiences on how to register and nominate their podcast. This is allowed and encouraged.
– Expressly forbidden are automated programs, web assist templates that interact with the Podcast Awards site, web overlays, bookmarklets, and no nomination tool or macro is allowed. The podcast committee reserves the right to amend forbidden activity details at any time throughout the awards process.