Issue One and conservative millennial former candidate for office Weston Wamp are releasing a 9-episode narrative podcast called Swamp Stories. Wamp “shines a light on the swampiest practices in Washington” Season 1 begins January 27.
Weston Wamp is senior political Strategist at Issue One. He grew up splitting his time between Washington, D.C. and southeast Tennessee as the son of senior appropriator and eight-term Representative Zach Wamp (R-TN). At 27, Weston ran for federal office and came within one percentage point of unseating an incumbent member of Congress — and it was then that he saw the real underbelly of Washington politics.
Season One features interviews with:
- Congressman Ted Yoho (R-FL)
- Congressman Dan Crenshaw (R-TX)
- Former Presidential Candidate & Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA)
- Former Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC) and Heritage Foundation President
- Mark McKinnon, political advisor co-creator of SHOWTIME’s “The Circus”
- Former Ambassador & Congressman Tim Roemer (D-IN)
- Former Congressman Zach Wamp (R-TN)
- Former Congressman Henry Waxman (D-CA)
- Former Congressman Vic Fazio (D-CA) & DCCC Chair
- Former Congressman J.C. Watts (R-OK)
- Nick Penniman, Issue One CEO
- Meredith McGehee, Issue One Executive Director
- Trevor Potter, former Federal Election Commission Chair & Campaign Legal Center President