The third and final day of the IAB Podcast Upfront was absolutely stuffed with new show announcements from Cadence13, Acast, Sony, CBS News, MTV, and Nickelodeon. The range of offerings was broad with kids programming, fashion, talk, advice, news, and comedy.
Cadence13 announced two new shows
That Thing I Do: Cadence13 has partnered with Grammy-nominated bassist Este Haim and Primetime Emmy Award-winning actor Darren Criss for their first-ever podcast, That Thing I Do about their mutual love of music, pop culture, and more with special guests in a weekly show format.
Tell Me with Ellen Pompeo: Ellen Pompeo—the star of ABC’s long-running hit series Grey’s Anatomy, will sit down for in-depth, candid conversations with a wide range of guests to find out what makes them great.
They announced a new podcast from Jason Bolden and Adair Curtis, stars of Netflix’s Styling Hollywood coming this summer that will cover fashion, relationships, and more.
Announced the launch of Bad Blood: The Final Chapter from two-time Pulitzer Prize winner John Carreyrou, a new podcast with Three Uncanny Four following the upcoming trial of Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes and Trevor Aaronson and Vanessa Grigoriadis of Campside Media will debut Chameleon: High Rollers, the second season of Chameleon in June.
ViacomCBS announced multiple new shows from CBS News and MTV, and a partnership iHeartMedia with Nickelodeon making two different podcasts.
- CBS Eye on Money with Jill Schlesinger with host Jill Schlesinger
- She Makes the Rules – CBS News takes a look at some of the key women that have been Rule-makers and Rule-breakers.
- Risking it All – Dr. Sandra Magnus, a former NASA astronaut, and retired Navy Admiral along with James “Sandy” Winnefeld will host a weekly podcast talking to people who are Risking it All.
MTV Entertainment Group
- Behind the Music (MTV)–the legendary series Behind the Music is expanding to audio with a companion podcast to the Paramount+ series
- Beyond the Scenes from The Daily Show with Trevor Noah (Comedy Central) – The Daily Show with Trevor Noah correspondent Roy Wood Jr. takes listeners behind the scenes of the popular comedy news program.
- Wild ‘N Out (VH1) –one of the most social series in the world, Wild ’N Out will continue to combine hip hop and improv comedy, but now for your ears.
- Yellowstone (Paramount Network)– the most-watched cable show of 2020 debuts a companion podcast.
- Avatar: Braving the Elements (40 episodes, premieres Tuesday, June 22, 2021)
- SpongeBob BingePants (40 episodes, premieres later this year) –hosted by super-fans Frankie Grande (Henry Danger) and Hector Navarro (Geek & Sundry), it’s the official SpongeBob SquarePants re-watch podcast.