The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research announced that it is launching a limited series podcast to help people with Parkinson’s disease and their care partners navigate their way through the COVID-19 pandemic.
The series will offer practical advice on topics including:
- How to make the most of telemedicine appointments with your movement disorder specialist.
- Best practices to plan for ongoing DBS care
- Tips for socially isolating when you need in-home care
- Opportunities to participate in Parkinson’s research from home
- The benefits of mindfulness and physical exercise in combating depression and isolation
Each episode of the podcast will feature Dr. Dolhun and an expert guest. It will be hosted by Larry Gifford. Diagnosed at 45, Gifford sits on the MJFF Patient Council. He is the host of the award-winning Curiouscast podcast When Life Gives You Parkinson’s and is the National Director of Talk Radio for Corus Entertainment in Canada.
“I’m honored to be a part of this important project. Parkinson’s is already a very lonely disease, add self-isolation and social distancing to it and it’s a recipe for feeling disconnected, anxious and depressed,” said Larry Gifford, Host and Creator of When Life Gives You Parkinson’s. “The podcast is an accessible and intimate way to help bring our community together, ask and answer questions, sort fact from fiction and provide the important information they need to remain healthy and active during this time.”
More details HERE