This is an archived page from 2021. Find out more
The Guardian writer Oscar Rickett reports that listening to history podcasts helped him through the death of several family members because transporting yourself to the ancient world can both provide an escape and a mirror to the times we’re in now.
The shows he listened to were:
- Fall of Civilizations, that looks at collapses of society in ancient history
2. Bad Gays, about complicated queers (their description) throughout history
3. Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History, the most legendary history podcast there is because each episode is several hours long
4. The Fall of Rome, which is fairly self-explanatory
5. One from the Vaults, which looks at transgender history