The state of Maryland declared May to be Maryland Podcast Month in 2018, and three years later they’re still keeping it going. This year they upped the ante by launching the fan-voted Maryland Podcast Awards.
The Maryland Podcast Awards celebrates all podcasts made in their state no matter their topic to spur collaboration and interest in their burgeoning podcast community.
“Maryland Podcast Month is all about shining a light on locally produced content,” said Brian Griffiths, founder of Maryland Podcast Month. “In this time of social distancing, there is no better way to connect to others and connect to our community and topics of interest than through podcasting. Maryland podcasters are still producing great content, and they deserve a bigger spotlight.”
The winners of the Maryland Podcast Awards will be announced on Wednesday, May 5th.
The categories include:
Podcast of the Year; Podcast Host of the Year; Best News Podcast; Best Sports Podcast; Best Lifestyle Podcast; Best Entertainment Podcast; Best Interview Podcast; Best New Podcast; and Best Produced Podcast.
Shows participating in Maryland Podcast Month include:
- The Duckpin Podcast, featuring interviews and commentary about the things that matter.
- The Conduit Street Podcast, the podcast of the Maryland Association of Counties.
- The Eye on Annapolis Daily News Brief, sharing top stories from the Annapolis Area.
- The Maryland Crabs, A rambling podcast covering the issues facing Marylanders. Sprinkled with Old Bay.
- Section 336, a personality-driven sports show featuring Josh Sroka, Matt Sroka, and Bert Rode
- JB’s Drive-in Movie Podcast, a show providing irreverent views about movies from the ’70s, ’80s, and ’90s.