Many of the podcast industry’s top publishers and platforms will be at the historic GEM Theater in downtown Detroit today for the second of three Podfront presentations. Earlier in the year, a similar event was held in Los Angeles and another will take place September 11 in San Francisco. Edison Research’s Tom Webster will keynote the event today in Detroit.
Here are some of the highlights planned for today in Detroit:
– Wondery CEO Hernan Lopez will reveal Wondery’s content slate for 2019.
– iHeartRadio representatives will give a sneak preview of its upcoming fall and winter lineup.
– Gina Garrubbo, President and CEO of NPR’s sponsorship subsidiary, National Public Media, will present insights into spoken-word listening habits, changing consumer patterns in audio, and sponsorship offerings.
– PodcastOne CEO Peter Morris will discuss additions to the network’s lineup.
– Cadence13 will preview its fall slate, presented by Chief Revenue Officer Nick Freeman.
– Tenderfoot TV co-founders Donald Albright and Payne Lindsey (host of Up and Vanished), will join Freeman to unveil a new anthology series from Lindsey.
– ESPN’s segment will be hosted by Daniel Dopp and Sarah Spain. Dopp hosts Fantasy Focus Football, Fantasy Focus Baseball, and Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show. He also co-hosts The Fantasy with Matthew Berry on ESPN+. Spain is the host of the That’s What She Said podcast, part of the Le Batard and Friends Network, as well as Spain and Company on ESPN Radio.
– Stitcher and its advertising arm, Midroll, will be represented by Chief Revenue Officer Sarah van Mosel and Chief Marketing Officer Amy Fitzgibbons.