APM Studios is hiring part-time and project-based contract Associate Producers. We’re looking for someone who can work well on a small team, is extremely self-motivated, has good ideas and isn’t afraid to share them, and loves audio storytelling, and thinks about it in an interesting way. The Associate Producer will help us research and produce audio and digital content for a current or new non-fiction podcast. The work of the Associate Producer includes scouting stories, conducting research and pre-interviews, uses transcription software, correcting the transcript, and creating a rough audio mix and
script after consultation with the Producer.
● Conducts research to support current stories and helps pitch and develop future stories
● Contributes ideas about story structure and production
● Helps brainstorm and execute ideas about additional digital and podcast content
● Runs audio through transcription software and corrects transcripts
● Performs various administrative tasks, including booking and scheduling interviews
● Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree
● 3 or more years of relevant work experience or internship in journalism
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
● The candidate should have experience using audio editing software, preferably Pro Tools (but this is not primarily an audio editor job and is not a sound design job)
● The candidate must be highly organized and able to meet deadlines consistently, and communicate clearly with supervisors.
● The candidate must have strong research skills and the ability to think creatively about how to dig up archival materials, find sources, and track down data and people for interviews.
● Keen ear and ability to think creatively about audio
● Ability to write well and work independently.
● Demonstrated interest in and familiarity with podcasts.
● Ability to manage time and task load independently.
● Ability to learn new computer programs quickly.
● Candidate must be able to type and work on PC-based programs like Windows XP, Word, and Excel, and must possess general computer skills, including Internet research.
● Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
● Demonstrated journalism, multimedia and/or podcasting experience.
● Basic Pro Tools knowledge.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
● Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable
● Ability to manage some work outside of standard office hours as needed.
● Physical Demands:
o Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
o Required to move about in the community
o Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
● Working Conditions:
o Moderate noise level
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.